Graduation week is upon us! Here’s what I wore and read to do a lot of errands and celebrate the end of the year…
I only own one jumpsuit but find it to be so versatile to have a black one! I wore this dressed up for an end of the year party. I had to teach one last time right before the party so I just had a cardigan on for that part of the day and then took it off. It was perfect. Similar jumpsuit ideas: wrap/sleeveless (love the idea of layering tees/turtlenecks under this one)
Trevor and I went out for drinks and appetizers the night before my defense. He knows me too well and said “we can go thrifting if you need to be distracted.” I did, indeed, need to be distracted.
I also realized this outfit is me at peak “bargain”–I snagged this Tradlands shirt on sample sale, the utility jacket was a “designer” item that I thrifted, and I always buy Madewell jeans on sale!
I’ve been trying to take more pictures of what I wear for super casual days lately, just to identify patterns in that area of my wardrobe. I wore this to Zumba with brunch after. All of my favorite bargain workout clothes are from Old Navy. They hold up pretty well and I especially love the shirt selection.
And now, reading:
- “More often than not, looking cool means looking almost but not quite ugly“: I am cackling reading this commentary on wide-leg pants.
- When life falls apart as a blogger.
- I thrifted these Everlane pants this week and they are somehow the most perfect summer teaching pants.
- A music round up? I am happy to hear the return of Vampire Weekend, looking forward to a seemingly less-electronic The National Album, and Lizzo’s Soulmate deserves to be in my dissertation acknowledgements for how much it helped me get through the last two weeks.
- The politics of courtroom dressing for celebrities.
No affiliate links here.